[HTML5 Video Announce] HTML5 library 1.6.1 .org update
michael.dale at kaltura.com
Wed Dec 21 01:27:53 UTC 2011
Here is an update on recent Kaltura HTML5 activity
== Release Urls ==
We should be updating html5.kaltura.org/js url with the 1.6.1 release in
the next day or so. This release is mostly a bug fixing release. You can
test what will be released here:
Note the previous release 1.5 will remain available and unchanged here:
Note: if your a Kaltura customer, you should probably be using the KMC
embed code url, which is also being updated to 1.6.1 release as well :)
== Code Tools =
We have installed the mediaWiki code review tool. This helps keep track
of svn activity so that we better manage code contributions and quality:
If you missed it check out the recent blog post on testSwarm. We have
started putting more efforts into improved test coverage for our feature
==1.6.1 Release notes ==
* Improved VAST ad support with dual video tag usage, for instant
resume without seeks for devices / browsers that support it.
* Improved playlist layout support.
* Improved dynamic embedding support. ( initial kWidget api ) ...
note we have a separate release that will document the full extent of
the kWidget api. For now its only used for dynamic embedding.
* Added "leadWithHTML5" support
* Fix bug with KDP evaluate expression support for compound
* Fixed bugs with cuePoint support.
* Fixed iOS seeking issue using toFixed on setCurrentTime seeks
* Support for webkit-playsinline for inline player display in
native iPhone apps.
* Fixes for iPhone / Android play state monitor when using native
* Restored Support for static html5 library packaging ( DreamWeaver
* Added Support for Custom loading spinner
and lots of other small fixes.
* Bug fixes for Plugins Include: FreeWheel, NielsenCombined,
NielsenVideoCensus, DoubleClick and added new plugin DOLAnayltics.
More information about the Announce