[HTML5 Video Announce] HTML5 library 1.6.1 .org update

Michael Dale michael.dale at kaltura.com
Wed Dec 21 01:27:53 UTC 2011

Here is an update on recent Kaltura HTML5 activity

== Release Urls ==

We should be updating html5.kaltura.org/js url with the 1.6.1 release in
the next day or so. This release is mostly a bug fixing release. You can
test what will be released here:
http://www.kaltura.org/apis/html5versions/1.6.1/mwEmbedLoader.php

Note the previous release 1.5 will remain available and unchanged here:
http://www.kaltura.org/apis/html5versions/1.5/mwEmbedLoader.php

Note: if your a Kaltura customer, you should probably be using the KMC
embed code url, which is also being updated to 1.6.1 release as well :)

== Code Tools =

We have installed the mediaWiki code review tool. This helps keep track
of svn activity so that we better manage code contributions and quality:
http://html5video.org/wiki/Special:Code/KalturaHTML5Video

If you missed it check out the recent blog post on testSwarm. We have
started putting more efforts into improved test coverage for our feature
tests files.
http://html5video.org/blog/2011/12/08/quality-assurance-testing-with-testswarm-and-qunit/

==1.6.1 Release notes ==

     * Improved VAST ad support with dual video tag usage, for instant
resume without seeks for devices / browsers that support it.
     * Improved playlist layout support.
     * Improved dynamic embedding support. ( initial kWidget api ) ...
note we have a separate release that will document the full extent of
the kWidget api. For now its only used for dynamic embedding.
     * Added "leadWithHTML5" support
http://html5video.org/wiki/Kaltura_SaaS_FAQ#Lead_with_HTML5
     * Fix bug with KDP evaluate expression support for compound
expressions.
     * Fixed bugs with cuePoint support.
     * Fixed iOS seeking issue using toFixed on setCurrentTime seeks
     * Support for webkit-playsinline for inline player display in
native iPhone apps.
     * Fixes for iPhone / Android play state monitor when using native
controls.
     * Restored Support for static html5 library packaging ( DreamWeaver
widget )
     * Added Support for Custom loading spinner
http://html5video.org/wiki/Kaltura_SaaS_FAQ#Custom_loading_spinner

and lots of other small fixes.

     * Bug fixes for Plugins Include: FreeWheel, NielsenCombined,
NielsenVideoCensus, DoubleClick and added new plugin DOLAnayltics.

--michael